JOB TITLE: Assistant Payroll & Benefits Administrator
LOCATION: East London
BASIS: Fixed term contract, 6 - 8 months
The role will support the Payroll & Benefits Administrator predominantly, working on across 2 cosmetics arms, and looking after payrolls for 850+ employees.
The purpose of this role is to ensure that payroll and benefits administration for the European business are delivered to reflect customer's needs within agreed times and quality.
- Accurate and timely payroll data input.
- Administering the monthly payroll for employees (including UK, Ireland and Germany).
- Work with the HR Team and payroll providers to finalise and approve payroll.
- Responsible for the administration and processing of department store and Boutique employee overtime and commission forms once authorised by Line Managers.
- Inputting timesheet data for Warehouse employees.
- Administer benefits including Bonus, Childcare Vouchers, Healthcare and Pension.
- Maintain and ensure any Company loans (including season tickets/overpayments) are managed smoothly and efficiently.
- Deal with the payroll administration of new starters, changers and leavers.
- Collating and passing P45 and P46 documentation to Paycheck.
- Accurate data capture to ensure payroll records are complete, up-to-date and compliant with latest statutory and legislative requirements.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of current regulations related to taxation, pensions and any other payroll related regulations.
- Ensure that payments to third parties are actioned appropriately e.g. Pensions, Childcare.
- Responsible for ensuring that permanent and temporary adjustments are processed in a timely and accurate manner.
- Production of payroll reports required by the HR and Finance Teams.
- Provision of appropriate responses to employee payroll enquiries.
- Proactively encourage the development of the payroll using initiative to further develop a smooth and streamlined process.
- Work with the HR team to ensure accurate sickness records and payments are processed on a monthly basis.
- Work with National Sales Managers to ensure all sales commission and bonus payments are paid in full and on time.
- Ensure that accurate holiday pay is calculated and paid to employees.
- General filing and administrative duties to ensure accurate records are maintained.
- Previous payroll experience.
- Accuracy and attention to detail.
- Logical thought process.
- Fast and accurate data entry.
- Numerically literate.
- Ability to question or challenge a process.
- The ability to work and communicate effectively with internal and external customers.
- Good organisation skills and ability to work with others.
- Payroll experience within a multi-site retail environment.
- Demonstrable experience of working through third party suppliers for the delivery of outsourced payroll and benefit services.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.