Assistant Retail and Beverage Manager - Sport / Events Services
Handle Recruitment is working with the official provider of match day hospitality and conference and banqueting facilities within a world renowned sports venue to find an Assistant Retail and Beverage Manager to provide a quality and market leading beverage operation to all guests and customers, and ensure the smooth planning and delivery of a first class service whilst managing the business needs and performance standards.
Reporting to the Retail Operations Manager, key features will include:
- Managing the overall set up and breakdown elements of the beverage operation.
- Managing and supporting the delivery of all operational activity. Ensuring presentation and service levels are maintained and developed whilst controlling costs.
- Ensuring that all orders are placed accurately and within the timescales set.
- Compiling task management planners in conjunction with the operational needs of the business.
- Ensuring adequate food, liquor and controllables within area of remit are in all areas as required and stored correctly.
- Ensuring all departmental Health & Safety legislation is adhered to at all times, raising any concerns as appropriate.
- Managing departmental maintenance log, ensuring resolutions are made and all delays are communicated to the Retail Operations Manager.
- Ensuring all sponsorship branding and operational activity is in line with the company standards as directed.
- Supporting the Retail Operations Manager in the strategic planning of the Department.
- Ensuring all financial controls are in place and adhered to, minimising costs where appropriate and exceeding budget expectations where possible.
- Ensuring all stock is rotated and controlled, in line with all policies and procedures.
- Setting clear goals and objectives for all team members and monitoring productivity ensuring all tasks are completed.
- Assisting with the induction, training and development of all new team members as required.
- Supporting with the recruitment, induction and training of all casual workers as required.
- Promoting team spirit and motivating all team members to strive to exceed expectations.
The successful candidate will have:
- HND or equivalent qualification in Catering or Food and Beverage.
- A degree or equivalent in Catering and Event Management would be desirable.
- Previous operational experience and experience of managing/directing a team.
- Previous experience in a stadium or large event catering environment would be desirable.
- Experience of working within a complex matrix of operations within a contract environment would be desirable.
*Must be flexible with schedule and able to work different shifts, including evenings and weekends*
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.