Handle are working with a leading Digital Media Agency to recruit an Associate Technical Director
The role will be responsible for supporting a wide variety of projects to implement new custom features on existing E-learning platforms built on Totara.
Working directly with the Lead Solution Architect, you will be part of a team of developers responsible for the
maintenance and ongoing evolution of our platforms and will be act as a bridge to other disciplines in the agency, capturing and prioritising business requirements.
As a key player within the technology division you will be planning development approaches with Tech Lead and development teams.
You will ensure all technical solutions are architected to leverage the capabilities of Totara and minimise
Supporting Project Managers and Tech Leads with project planning, oversight and technical governance.
Collaborating with Strategy, UX and Design teams to define functional deliverables.
On a typical day you will:-
Support developers with troubleshooting, code reviews, Totara configuration and in some cases,
hands-on PHP development
Taking overall responsibility for the quality and timely completion of technical deliverables will require some
hands on work.
You will work closely with internal project teams and other disciplines to agree solutions to business requirements.
Key Role Requirements
- Played a lead technical roles and developer roles in delivering
highly customised Moodle/Totara solutions
- Experience of eLearning authoring tools and training content
formats like SCORM and xAPI.
- Experience of the full SDLC from planning and scoping
through to development, QA and ongoing optimisation.
- Experience of overseeing and supporting internal and external
- Experience of implementing secure, scalable, performant and
highly-available hosting on AWS for Moodle/Totara.
- Expert PHP
- Familiar with Postgres
- Moodle essential (Totara a big advantage)
- Excellent communication skills
- Jira, Git, Linux
- Ability to work with minimal oversight and troubleshoot issues reported by clients
- Digital Agency experience
Nice to have:
- Experienced using and debugging custom modules
- Experience in working with RTL languages a benefit
- Experienced in reporting
- Working with big installations an advantage
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.