Audio Engineer - Spoken Word
Handle are working with one of the UK's leading publishing groups with a diverse history, to source a Sound Engineer.
The role will encompass following and supervising projects from start to finish, from the sessions in the recording studio with the narrator right the way through to the editing, quality control, mix and final master. Working closely with the publishing divisions, your expertise will help create audiobooks to the highest standards and provide a great audio experience for listeners.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Working on what will ultimately end up as a finished product that has been created completely in house.
- Researching other forms of audio content that could be created in the studios and encourage the team to have an ownership mentality and share any ideas they have that would benefit the studios and wider business as a whole.
- Run audio workshops for publishing staff; training colleagues in valuable audio skills.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Full proficiency in Avid Protools software, digital audio editing, mixing and mastering and be used to working on Macs.
- Exceptional recording skills are a must with an emphasis on voice recording; ideally you are experienced in audiobook recording or come from a broadcast background.
- Strong working knowledge of high-end pro audio equipment.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; you will be marking up scripts, sessions and completing cue sheets as well as directing recording sessions.
- The confidence to direct narrators to get the best performances from them which will be key to creating great audiobooks.
This is an amazing opportunity to work with an exciting, well-known brand and help produce some world class audiobooks. Immediate interview for successful candidates, please email email@example.com with a CV to apply in the first instance.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.