A World Leading Media Business, with international offices, is looking for a Business Analyst to join their dynamic team on a contract basis. The Business Analyst will be responsible for performing licensee compliance audits for all lines of the Business across Europe: Partnering with Key Finance Stakeholders the Business analyst will provide independent and objective quality compliance audits and consulting services that enhance future business and management decision making. This position will also involve 50% travel across Europe.
The successful candidate will have Strong working knowledge of complex internal controls and accounting systems and have a good level of autonomy with a variety of work in a highly stimulating environment. A second language of German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish and/or Scandinavian language skills (written and verbal) are a definite plus.
Responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Perform licensee compliance audits across Europe
- Conduct contract compliance audits; This involves understanding systems and data flows as well as the critical product creation processes. Following this process, a full assessment on the completeness of royalties due.
- Desk top audits
- Responsible for effectively reporting the audit results both internally to Senior Management and externally to licensees
- Other tasks include reporting non monetary findings and providing recommendations on internal control weaknesses identified during the Audit.
- Other ad hoc projects as required by Senior Manager.
- University business degree
- Retail analytics, Internal Audit or similar work experience desired
- Optional: minimum three years of experience in a large public accounting firm.
- Optional: Hold ACA/ACCA or equivalent qualification
- Strong knowledge of complex internal controls and accounting systems and processes.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills. Ability to quickly understand new business areas and evaluate issues and propose solutions.
- Able to build trust and confidence within the company and with third party licensees.
- Fluent English (written and verbal). German, French, Spanish, Italian, Polish and/or Scandinavian language skills (written and verbal) are a definite plus.
- Multi-cultural sensitivity.
- Ambitious, articulate, mature and well organized.
- Able to work efficiently and independently with strong initiative.
- The position requires 50% of travel
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.