AV (Audio Visual) Lab Engineer - Global Social Media Network
Do you want to work at one of the most desirable companies in the world?
Huge international client. They are seeking an autonomous AV contractor to technically support the London based "UX Lab".
A usability lab is a place where usability testing is done. It is an environment where users are studied interacting with a system for the sake of evaluating the system's usability.
You will be working as the sole engineer for the London based lab. Other "techs" based in labs in California, with whom you will work alongside remotely.
Lab technician experience would be ideal but is not essential. Would consider candidates with Help Desk or AV Installation backgrounds.
(Lab Maintenance + Troubleshooting)
- Daily check-in on all UX labs to troubleshoot and maintain all technology and peripheral devices to ensure end-user satisfaction
- Assist researchers with set up of labs prior to research studies
- Provide accurate, time sensitive, and effective solutions/assistance to researchers during lab use
- Manage field equipment inventory
- Use the ticketing system to open, track, and resolve all UX lab & related issues
- Assist UX Lab Managers with construction of new UX Labs
- Coordinate trainings with external tool vendors
- Manage distribution of tool licenses
- Provide on-going technical support, documentation, training and assistance to UX Researchers
Requires Skills and Experience:
- 3+ years of AV installation, operation, and troubleshooting experience - including but not limited to equipment integration, handling, break/fixing and configuring audio & video hardware, and cable & connector types
- Experience with audio & video processing equipment, such as Extron
- Familiarity with RJ45/CAT5, BNC, XLR, & TRS connectors
- Familiarity with video recording and streaming concepts and codecs
- Experience troubleshooting in Mac and Windows environment, including IP connectivity and application compatibility
Bonus Points (Nice to have/not essential):
- Familiarity with ux/usability research & methods is strongly preferred
Lab Technician / AV Specialist / Audio Visual Technician
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.