Booking Agent - Comedy
Are you passionate about comedy? Do you live for funny?
We are looking for individuals who are keen to progress a career in comedy working with this established and successful talent agency.
As a booking agent you will be working with upcoming talent, booking one-off gigs, mini-tours, and full tours with an emphasis at universities around the country. Booking warm-ups for tours and previews prior to the Edinburgh Fringe. Issuing contracts and riders for gigs to the venues and artists and ensuring that they are signed and returned in good time. Invoicing for gigs and chasing payment. Liaising with venues, tour managers and acts, monitoring sales figures.
You will need to be
- Highly numerate candidate with basic excel knowledge and an aptitude to learn quickly different in-house databases, processes and systems.
- Have a passion for comedy.
- Strong negotiations skills; sales experience preferable.
- Ability to prioritise and juggle a number of projects simultaneously in a busy environment.
- Willingness to work out of hours as the job requires.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.