Accountant/Bookkeeper - Financial services/Technology- Central London
My client, a growing Fin Tech business are looking to recruit a seasoned Bookkeeper to join the team on a permanent basis. This Bookkeeper will be responsible for the day to day running of the finances working closely with the Finance Director.
This role is perfect for a candidate who wants to get hands on, explore all areas of finance and act as an integral part of the business during this exciting time of growth. You will have great exposure into the business and decision making along with helping to build the team as the company grows.
Key responsibilities but not limited to:
- Reconciliation of Group Inter company Balances
- Preparation of Bank Reconciliations for review by Finance Department
- Posting of Pre-Paid Expenses & Accruals to GL along with preparation of month-end supporting schedules
- Posting to GL and extraction of data
- Preparation and posting of Trading Asset/Liability Reclassification Journals to GL
- Communication with other Group Finance Departments Knowledge and Experience
- Multicurrency accounting and data entry
- Assistance in preparation of income statement and balance sheet and supporting schedules
- Experience within a similar role previously
- A background in Fin Tech is highly desirable but not essential
- Great communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience of using SAGE Accountancy software
- Strong Microsoft office skills, particularly Excel
- Ideally studying towards an Accountancy Qualification
- Double entry skills required and bring the books to trial balance
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to prioritise own work load and work to deadlines
- A team player with an enthusiastic work approach
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.