Handle Recruitment is searching for a Building Services Engineer for an exciting opportunity at this Sporting Organisation and well-known stadium in South-West London.
You will be responsible for delivering building services engineering to the highest standards, using modern working practices and procedures to ensure that this premier sporting stadium is operated as efficiently as possible.
You will Implement the venue's planned maintenance (PM) schedule and look for continuous improvement in the delivery of PM to reduce costs and improve team productivity.
- The effective day to day building services maintenance and supervision of building services contractors at the Stadium
- Carry out planned and reactive maintenance on Stadium building services systems and assets effecting repairs where necessary
- Operate and maintain building services systems. Upgrade systems where required
- Installation of new building services systems and equipment as required
- To carry out surveys of all HVAC and mechanical systems on Stadium building services systems and assets, providing technical advice on all these systems
- To check the mechanical systems regularly to ensure correct operation
- To carry out statutory inspections as necessary to maintain full compliance at all times
- BMS control system operation and routine maintenance. (Knowledge of Trend 963 desirable). Electrical fault finding and rectification works
- Departmental responsibilities as directed by line manager
- Undertake training courses and personal development to stay compliant under current legislation to carry out the duties required
- Event day preparation and attendance as required. Prepare stadium site for individual events (matches, concerts, conference and banqueting events, etc.)
Key Skills / Experience:
- Flexible approach to working hours to ensure sufficient on-site presence is available to cover all events. This may require occasional early/late work and on-call/call-out periods
- NVQ Level 3 / City and Guilds (Advance) in Engineering or similar qualification in a relevant field
- Full drivers licence
- BS 7671: 2008 (ensure current with new 17th edition regs) required
- Previous experience operating & maintaining BMS controlled multi-use buildings
- Experience of carrying out duties and responsibilities as a qualified building services engineer
- Working Knowledge of mechanical building services operation and maintenance
- PC literate in use of Microsoft Word, Excel, and computer aided maintenance and facilities software
- City &Guilds 2391 inspection and testing desirable
- Must be confident and knowledgeable enough to accept and sign off new installations, contractor/project works
- Must have the knowledge to be able to care for and operate machinery safely and effectively
- Must be able to work unsupervised and achieve tasks within given timescales
- Must show own initiative and take an interest in the work required and the stadium activities
- Superb communication skills and able to forge relationships with people of all levels within the organisation
- Demonstrates a thorough approach to work
- Must work well within a team and have the flexibility and willingness to take on roles outside his/her normal functional responsibility when required
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.