An excellent Business Analyst opportunity has just become available, working for a World Leading Media Business, based in Central London!
Working with the Head of Finance, Finance Manager and and FP&A team this role will also business partner with Marketing and Sales Teams. The Business Analyst will be responsible for a variety of tasks and processes, including reporting on budgets and forecasts and all other associated deliverables.
This is a 12 month fixed term contract, looking to start as soon as possible:
Business Analyst Key Responsibilities:
- Preparing monthly forecasts
- Production of annual budget, quarterly reforecasts and monthly reports
- Analyse actual and projected performance versus plans and forecasts
- Assist commercial teams in development / enhancement of tools to monitor critical variables driving underlying performance
- Participate in departmental meetings and provide independent challenge to commercial assumptions through robust supporting analysis
- Provide analysis relating to potential new business opportunities and ad hoc projects
- Analysis of advertising and marketing spend by media
- Market/Competitor analysis; review results compared to competitors
- Reporting on developments and trends
- Attend monthly meeting with commercial team and track risks and opportunities for the year
- Review month end posting and journals prepared by the Assistant Management Accountant
- Present month end numbers and variances
- Forecast monthly cashflow
- Support commercial teams through explaining financial processes, policies and techniques
- Manage and Develop one direct report.
- Ad hoc tasks and analyses as required
- Excellent attention to detail
- An ability to review processes with clarity and create efficiencies
- Drive and enthusiasm
- Articulate with advanced verbal and written communication skills and the ability to present information in a clear and concise way to both a financial and non-financial audience
- A proactive and responsible attitude to workload, with a propensity to own the key duties of the role and strive for continuous improvement
- Commercial awareness and appreciation of the core aims of the business and where it sits in terms of markets, products, customers and suppliers
- Practical knowledge of relevant computer systems
- Previous experience of system implementation / process improvement / project management experience is preferred
- Previous experience of providing analysis and support within a business is also preferred
- ACA / ACCA / ACMA qualified (or overseas equivalent), with 2 + years experience working in a similar role
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.