Handle is working with a Global Entertainment Business to recruit an experienced Business Analyst who will join a team that is dedicated to developing tools and processes that enable Finance colleagues to provide settlement information to talent.
This is a contractor role, based in London, UK.
As a Business Analyst, you will:
- Communicate with members of the finance department to understand the current operational financial procedures and the company's future needs in relation initially to the following:
- The management of cash floats related to touring shows
- The reporting and management of post event settlements
- Requisition and scheduling of invoices
- Enhancements to our purchase order system and procedures
- Work with the IT and Finance departments to propose how those procedures might be improved or made more efficient through the use of technology, in particular the development of an application by an in-house IT applications development team
- Communicate with members of the IT applications development team to understand how best to address the requirements of the finance department through the development of new in-house developed web-based applications
- Document a detailed specification for the proposed solutions, and gain agreement from senior management
- Understand and help to communicate the impact of any changes on people, processes, systems and reporting
- Have previous experience of working as a Business Analyst and have excellent analytical skills
- Have excellent communication skills, with the ability to talk to and present to a range of audiences, sometimes acting as a translator between parties
- Have a passion for creating solutions with a positive attitude to change
- Be able to use initiative, work with minimum supervision, organise your time effectively, and deliver to agreed timescales
- Have a record of producing accurate detailed documentation, of paying attention to detail and of working to agreed standards
- Have a positive "can do" attitude
- Be a team player who enjoys working in a high achieving environment
- Have a commitment to delivering the best
- Have previously worked on finance systems projects
- Have previously worked on projects where the solution was an in-house developed web-based application
- Have previously worked in a media, event or hospitality business
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.