I am actively seeking an experienced Business Development Director for a leading digital business information and events company based in Central London. Through advanced digital services and live event experiences they bring together a powerful blend of people, information, insight and analysis.
I am looking for a Business Development Director to join one of their flagship brands, this particular portfolio is the leading authority on retailing in the UK. One of the most recent and exciting project launches was their premium digital intelligence tool, it delivers intelligence on the top 250 retailers allowing tech companies to be having the right conversations and the right time.
You will be responsible for selling the premium subscription package to senior decision makers within the tech sector.
The responsibilities of the Business Development Director include but are not limited to:
- Acquiring an extensive comprehension of market trends and developments in UK retailing and the IT sector; as well as understanding the competitor landscape
- Exceeding monthly, quarterly and annual sales targets- ensuring maximum possible delivery against sales targets through the generation of new business in the IT sector.
- Developing a strong pipeline of business providing four times cover of the monthly sales target.
- Preparing, presenting and negotiating business proposals to clients
- Preparing sales plans for key accounts as appropriate
- Work cross functionally with other departments and stakeholders to drive revenue
- Develop exceptional relationships with clients by understanding their needs
- Working closely with the marketing team to identify and pursue new business opportunities
- Providing client feedback to the editorial and product development teams to help shape the service.
- Face to face client meeting, being a brand ambassador and a fountain of knowledge to the industry.
The ideal candidate:
- 3+ year's experience selling a business intelligence or SaaS product
- Proven track record in sales, business development and winning new business.
- High level of business acumen
- Excellent telephone and face to face communication skills
- Advanced written and verbal skills
- Ability to build strong relationships at a senior level
- Ability to work on own initiative
- Well-presented and highly articulate
- Credible and professional
- Self-motivated and ambitious
Salary and Benefits:
Circa £40K basic salary + Commission
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.