Handle Recruitment is seeking a Business Development Executive/Manager to join a business responsible for the world's biggest festival/awards event in the marketing, communications, entertainment, design and technology industries.
As the Business Development Manager you will be responsible for the festival's digital archive, housing over 400,000 entries entered into the festival since 2001, over 450 hours of talks and seminars from the festival stages and over 260,000 credited industry professionals, all of which can provide useful insight to your clients.
Your day to day activity will include;
- Acquiring new customers from assigned leads and opportunities
- Sourcing new leads and developing a network of key stakeholders to build and develop your pipeline
- Leading all aspects of the sales process; solution development, proposal delivery, and implementation as needed
- Researching the needs of other companies and learning who makes decisions about purchasing
- Participating in planning marketing initiatives
- Attending conferences, meetings, and industry events
- Preparing presentations, developing quotes and proposals
- Negotiating and re-negotiating by phone, email, and in face-to-face
- Being an ambassador for the festival at all times
To be successful in this role you will need;
- Sales/business development experience, ideally within media/digital/subscription sales
- An understanding and knowledge of media/marketing agencies
- Confident communication and presentation skills
- An ability to multitask and meet deadlines
If you work in business development and would love the opportunity to work in a creative field for a business that allows long term progression and growth please get in touch and apply!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.