Handle Recruitment is seeking a business developer ideally with experience and knowledge within visual merchandise or retail to join a design agency, specialising in creating engaging window displays, pop up and retail events.
As the Business Development Manager your responsibilities will include:
- To maximise prospect and existing client spend and gross profit.
- To take responsibility for 'hunting': profitable revenue generation from new/prospect clients, as well as from existing clients if required.
- To develop a complete understanding of prospect and existing client needs and challenges, both current and future.
- To develop a proactive client contact strategy.
- Working with the Managing Director and other Business Development Managers, to develop an annual business development strategy relevant to the retail sector.
- To actively use Salesforce to provide continuous information flow on all client activity.
- To be aware of the anticipated and actual gross profit on all projects briefed in.
- To manage, track and populate monthly sales forecasts, and adjust accordingly.
- To work as part of a team and to follow agreed processes to ensure the smooth running of the retail machine.
- Partner with the Creative Director on any briefs that require any design development.
- To advise on any client risk within the same working day of any issue arising.
- To strive to promote by proactively seeking outstanding client references and industry awards for excellence from activations / projects that you have initiated.
- To be aware of new retail innovations in the market and monitor the progress of competitors.
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Professional attitude with a proven track record of graphic, technology and 3D project related sales within the retail sector.
- Excellent communication and negotiating skills.
- Self-motivated with a drive and enthusiasm to win business.
Please get in touch or apply now for a further conversation!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.