An industry leading and highly reputable publishing business is currently seeking a business partner to join their organisation in their Central London offices. You will provide the business with support and advice on strategic and operational decision making in what is a commercially focused and highly visible role. You will also lead on annual budgeting, quarterly reforecasting and the five year plan in addition to ongoing strategic planning.
- Produce monthly management commentary including detailed variance reporting on the management accounts.
- Lead on planning, budgeting and forecasting to produce accurate submissions which identify business opportunities.
- Lead financial modelling on business cases by identifying key risks, the impact on the rest of the business and ensure that the financials appropriately account for these.
- Produce high level global financial data for the Management Information Packs at year end and at key budget milestones.
- Preparation of ad hoc financial analysis and management of ad hoc queries in order to support and improve commercial decision making.
- Support the business and Head of Commercial Finance by generating real insight through proactive analysis of trends within the sector.
- Understand the wider impact of financial results and use this insight to curtail or support business and investment activities.
- Actively build and maintain a network of colleagues meeting regularly with key management personnel to understand their issues.
In order to be considered for the role, you will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA) with post qualified experience in a similarly challenging role - ideally within media. You will have a thorough understanding of producing management accounts and high level supporting commentary. You will also be an effective team player capable of building close working relationships at all levels.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.