Business Partner - Publishing
Global publishing business are looking for a 2 to 3 years ACA, CIMA or ACCA post qualified Business Partner. Reporting into the Finance Director for Magazines, this role is responsible for the business partnering of the Chief Marketing Officer, encompassing the subscriptions business and marketing function.
This role is responsible for collaborating with, and challenging, both internal and external stakeholders to ensure delivery of the subscriptions function. This will include building a deep commercial understanding of subscriber models, and having full insight of revenues, cash flow, marketing spend and operating costs. This role will also provide key support to the Financial Planning and Analysis cycle.
- Overseeing the completeness & close of the month end for subscriptions & Marketing
- Line manager/ mentor to and review the work of Management Accounts Assistants
- Review and provide commentary and variance analysis on month-end numbers.
- Submission of annual budgets & forecast for key revenues, cost of sales & overheads areas of the P&L.
- Deliver robust rolling latest revenue performance estimates on behalf of the subscription business for weekly MI reporting and maintenance of associated core KPI reporting
- Key contributor to Quarterly Business Reviews and Monthly performance reviews with the CEO and executive leadership.
- Support the Subscriptions team on subscriber modelling
- Engage with the business to enhance marketing strategies for both acquisition and retention of subscribers
- Drive operational improvements in reporting tools and softwares, to ensure robust reporting and systems.
- Deliver appropriate reporting/analysis to the business as required.
Essential skills and experience:
- Qualified accountant: e.g. ACA, CIMA, ACCA, with 2+ Years PQE
- Experience of month-end close to a tight timetable
- Experience working with subscriptions or other similar complex financial models
- Strong MS Office skills including Excel (including pivot tables, macros and vlookups), Word and Powerpoint skills, as well as Google Sheets/docs
- Excellent communication and collaboration skills
- Ability to quickly absorb and proactive approach to work
- An enquiring mind with strong analysis and numerical ability
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.