Handle Recruitment is working with a leading sporting retail brand to find a commercially aware Buyer for their Retail team. The Buyer will focus on clothing across womenswear, menswear and kids and will need the relevant experience working across all three divisions.
Key duties will include:
- To develop and manage a profitable product range
- Visit relevant trade shows and identify potential new suppliers
- Build and maintain effective working relationships with existing and new suppliers
- Review and compare competitor activity whilst monitoring market activity, trends and fashions
- To manage workload and development of Assistant Buyer
- Ensure all Health & Safety certificates are in place for merchandise
- Hold seasonal supplier performance reviews with Merchandiser
The ideal candidate will have:
- At least 3 years buying experience in a retail environment, ideally as Assistant Buyer
- Fantastic negotiation skills
- Sound knowledge and experience of womenswear, menswear and kidswear
This role is based in North London so candidates must be happy to work in this area. If you are looking to expand your existing Buying experience within a well-known sporting brand please apply with your CV today!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.