I am actively seeking an experienced Campaign Analytics Manager for one of leading international B2B media firms in London. Working with some of the most prestigious festivals and exhibitions in the market this is a fantastic opportunity to be part of an exciting and growing company.
The key purpose of this role is to create and own all marketing performance reporting for business, ensuring this provides a comprehensive and joined-up view across the entire customer journey, allows comparative reporting across products and channels, and is clearly communicated and understood by all decision-makers.
The responsibilities of the Campaign Analytics Manager include but are not limited to:
- Work with marketing leaders to understand and map out full customer journey for all audience types
- Ensure every stage of the customer journey is consistently tagged (for each audience type, every Exhibitions product, and all marketing and sales channels) and being accurately and consistently measured.
- Develop all marketing performance reporting, using Tableau where possible, that shows comparative performance YoY and vs. target across all elements of the customer journey.
- Ensure timely, consistent distribution of all reporting to all relevant stakeholders/decision-makers
- Ensure all the teams clearly understand what the data shows and how it can be read
- Train existing teams and new starters as necessary
The ideal candidate:
- Expert campaign / performance analytics background, with experience in measuring activity across all core marketing channels, including email, websites, SEO, digital advertising and social media.
- Experience of Google Analytics or other web analytics package; experience of Tableau or other data visualisation tools; experience of Salesforce and Marketo, or other CRM and email/ automation platforms
- Highly analytical and data-driven approach to decision-making
- Adaptable and flexible
Salary and Benefits:
Basic salary up to £50K for the right candidate.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.