CFO - Retail and Property
High growth, entrepreneurial, VC backed start up are looking for a high calibre CFO to help broaden and develop the businesses commercial strategies.
This is a fantastic opportunity to join a great team in a hands-on leadership role and play a pivotal role in on-going growth and success. It is highly likely you will have some previous experience of working in a start- up/high growth VC backed business in a senior financial role. You will be responsible for all financial matters and the financial integrity of the business in the UK and its overseas operations. You should possess a hands-on attitude with proven communication and management skills.
What You'll Be Doing
- Managing investor relations
- Partly responsible for putting together the board pack & investor related presentations
- Preparation of consolidated financials (P&L, BS, CFS)
- Managing the budget and forecasting process
- Responsible for liaising with auditors, banks and similar consultancy services
- Ensure capital/cash management is in order
- Responsible for cost management and looking at ROI on a project basis
- Responsible for legal documentation and ensuring they are up to date
- Manage tax optimisation and treasury
- Cap table management and company secretarial duties
- Circa 10 years in a similar position, start-up/high growth experience preferred
- Extensive experience working with and preparing financial statements
- Used to working under UK law and UK GAAP/IFRS standards
- Previous experience of managing a team
- Previous fundraising experience desirable
- Previous experience working with various company service providers and stakeholders
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.