CHIEF FINANCIAL OFFICER - TV Production
A fantastic opportunity to manage the finances of a small independent production company, reporting to the Chief Executive and joining the core management team of the business.
This is an ideal opportunity for an ambitious qualified accountant (ACA, ACCA, CIMA) with good ground level accounting and commercial experience to take full responsibility for all financial matters in an exciting and fast-moving environment. The individual will be supported by a financial controller.
The individual must be self-motivated with strong communication skills and the ability to hold their own in a friendly but strong-willed environment. Experience of working in a project-based business is important, as is experience in negotiation and developing and reviewing contracts. Experience of working in finance in a media organisation would also be beneficial.
Key responsibilities include:
- Financial strategy
- Management of capital structure, including investor liaison
- Arranging finance, including management of bank relationships
- Supporting decision-making
- Production of budgets and forecasts
- Pricing and margin reviews
- Discussion with commissioners, funding providers etc. as needed
- Core accounting
- Production of statutory accounts, including liaison with auditors
- Production of management accounts and associated month-end reporting
- Cashflow management
- Implementing improvements:
- Develop and implement a new financial management system, including cost accounting
- Improve financial controls
- Review operational costs to identify and address inefficiencies and opportunities for profit improvement
- Other - to be discussed, but might include roles as:.
- Company secretary
- HR (clearly overlap with Head of Ops, but there may be some benefit in this individual looking after full-timers particularly contracts and all the administration associated with people - oversight of holidays, etc. etc.)
- IT oversight
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.