An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Client Accountant to join an internationally leading artist agency in London. This position will be focused on various accounting tasks and will be responsible for providing accurate, timely accounting information to assist in decision-making.
The role would suit a candidate with to strengthen their accounting skills within the creative sector and would be a perfect opportunity for a professional who thrives in a fast-paced, dynamic accounting environment.
- Assist in setting up and managing client, supplier and tour accounts
- Reviewing contracts, schedules and settlements
- Supporting Agents and Assistants in finalising settlements leading to preparation and review of invoices and statements
- Tracking, allocating and chasing deposits
- Processing payments to clients
- Handle agent/client/manager/tour accountant emails regarding cash receipt, settlements, and client payments
- Match and apply cash receipts to payment lines on booking reports (i.e. cash receipt application)
- Follow research procedures and resolve all cash receipts that have insufficient information or do not match the booking
- Correct misapplied receipts by carrying out processes such as refunds or transferring funds
- Escalate issues, as needed, to the Finance Reporting Manager and Financial Director
- Support system and process improvement projects
- Ad hoc responsibilities when needed
- Good basic knowledge and experience of accounting, including bank reconciliations and multi-currency transactions
- Experience with Excel and Outlook
- Conscientious worker with attention to accuracy and detail
- Friendly and personable manner and able to liaise with confidence in dealings with agents, promoters and artist business managers
- Ability to work under multiple tight deadlines and prioritize effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills when dealing with both internal and external stakeholders
- Ability to be a team player with a conscientious and motivated attitude
- Excellent organisational skills
- Ability to develop business relationships with individuals globally, at all levels
- Ability to remain highly discreet with personal and confidential information
- Experience working in an Accounts Receivable team desirable
- Experience working in the Media and Entertainment industry desirable
- Part-qualified ACA/ACCA/AAT (or equivalent) accountants highly desirable
The agency are seeking to hire a Client Accountant to support their busy and growing team on an interim basis to replace a permanent member of staff temporarily. However there is potential for the role to go permanent, depending on performance.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.