Collection and Exhibitions Coordinator - Art Gallery and Collection
Salary Negotiable Dependent on Experience
Handle recruitment is working with an Art Gallery and Collection to find a Collection and Exhibitions Coordinator to join the small, developing team at their gallery.
Reporting to the Head of Collection, this role will play a crucial role in coordinating the diverse art collection and gallery exhibitions.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Scheduling, organise and oversee gallery installation photography in line with exhibition deadlines.
- Monitoring and track commissioned work fabrication budgets
- Researching upcoming auctions related to the collection
- Compiling sales lists including purchase details and insurance values
- Managing all aspects of incoming loans for exhibitions, acting as the main point of contact for a variety of external lenders
- Proofing exhibition materials and catalogues
- Coordinating special events around exhibitions
The Ideal candidate will have:
- Strong proven experience in a gallery or art collection environment
- A methodical nature and impeccable attention to detail
- The ability to work on a wide range of projects often to tight deadlines and on a continually developing exhibition programme
- Previous experience of overseeing events, loans, publications and external communications within a gallery environment
- Excellent project management, communication and organisational skills
- Exposure to budgeting and costings
- Proven copywriting/copyediting experience
- Discretion, flexibility and an enthusiastic approach is a must
- Auction bidding experience is very advantageous
This is a wonderful opportunity to work in a truly varied role liaising with a broad range of contacts at a high level including artists, press and galleries.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.