Commercial Accountant - Media Agency - Central London
My client a growing Creative agency based in Central London have created a new position for a Commercial Accountant to join the team on a permanent basis. This Commercial Accountant reports directly into the Commercial WIP Manager and is responsible for managing client finances, producing monthly management accounts and building professional relationships.
PLEASE NOTE: This is a 14 month contract role
- To support the client project reconciliation process and to close down jobs in the Maconomy job costing system.
- Preparation of client budget reconciliations for 'final' review with the relevant Commercial Manager/Director and Commercial WIP Manager
- Work closely with the Commercial WIP Manager to ensure that all financial matters are up to date and presented concisely
- To ensure that client funding is in-line with commitments and client budgets are aligned accordingly
- Liaise with project team members to ensure that all client budgets are up-to-date and registered correctly
- Monitor and advise the Project Managers and Commercial Manager with all projects financial 'health' and overall Work-In-Progress status.
- Ensure that projects are opened in Maconomy, invoiced to client in-line with any agreed schedules and that cash-flow is prepared and monitored where required.
- Preparation of ad-hoc project financial information as requested by Commercial WIP Manager and/or Commercial Manager
- Prepare management information and analyses where requested.
- Provide support and training on Maconomy to Account team and other non-finance employees.
- Fulfilling the role in compliance with company policies and procedures, for example (but not limited) ISO documentation, Information Security training.
- Must have financial and commercial experience, preferably gained from working in a similar role
- Experience working within an agency / advertising, events, billing type environment
- Stong Excel skills (to Macro level is desirable)
- Experience using Maconomy is desirable
- Excellent inter-personal skills and confidence to build internal and external relationships
- Attention to detail
- Good organisation skills and the ability to priortise work load
- Adaptable and self motivated
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.