An Excellent opportunity for a Commercial Accounts Assistant has just risen with on of Handle's leading Media and Entertainment Clients in London. Working in the finance team, along side the Management Accountant the Commercial Accounts Assistant will assist the Commercial Finance Manager with the financial aspects of the commercial exploitation activity of the business; including management accounts, royalty statements, audit queries and analysis of commercial revenue and costs.
This role is an excellent opportunity for a progressive Accounts assistant looking to grow into a commercially focused role within a leading Media Business.
- Assist with preparing management accounts; including calculating accounting entries for income recognition, prepping and uploading the income recognition journals and reconciling the resulting P&L back to the forecast.
- Input and adjust the commercial forecasts for actual revenue and costs.
- Reconcile bank accounts.
- Assist in preparing responses to audit queries.
- Maintain a comprehensive master database of agreements, due dates, interested party information, revenue shares, past and incoming royalties.
- Provide information on timing of expected pay outs for inclusion in group cash flow forecast and maintain list of outgoing royalties payments
- Communicate to payees the status of their sales invoices and dealing with subsequent queries
- Assist with royalty calculations and statements
- Check incoming royalty statements and revenues.
- Adhoc Royalty analysis
- Microsoft Office - Excel - Advanced; with demonstrable experience, lookups and pivot tables.
- Proven reconciliation skills.
- Sound numerical skills.
- A confident, pro-active and have the ability to work well as a team and to use their initiative when working by themselves
- Have 2+ year's experience in an assistant accountant or similar role.
- Royalty accounts experience and / or a media background would be an advantage.
- Preferably educated to degree level with an A-level in Maths or Accountancy
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.