Commercial Affairs Manager
Salary Competitive (£55,000 - £62,000) DOE
Handle Recruitment is working with a leading Music Licensing organisation to find an experienced Commercial Affairs Manager.
As the Commercial Affairs Manager you will be responsible for maximising worldwide revenue collection by ensuring existing contacts with CMO's are properly enforced and that new contracts are negotiated. You will act as a point of escalation on payment and enforcement matters when the International Operations team experience compliance issues.
Key Responsibilities will include:
- Working with CMOs to secure new deals, drive revenue streams and ensure that existing contracts are being enforced.
- Building an internal and external network, developing positive working relationships at an executive level with internal stakeholders, other CMOs and third parties, developing knowledge of best practice and new developments within the industry in order to ensure effectiveness in role.
- Working with the International Territories Manager to deliver new CMO agreements and to support the on boarding process for new agreements and CMOs.
- Helping devise, implement, operate and keep under review the process by which CMO enforcement matters are escalated to the Legal & Business Affairs team.
- Proactively developing and maintaining an appropriate level of required knowledge on copyright licensing matters and related legal issues (including court procedures).
- Providing leadership and direction to the International team to ensure the delivery of high performance, acting as an enthusiastic, positive and motivated role model and coach.
- Developing and sharing expertise in music rights and distribution policies of the company and its overseas counterparts in order to provide an excellent service to all customers and enhance the company's reputation.
The ideal candidate will have:
- The ability to work with complex business challenges and applicable business logic to make informed revenue budget business decision
- Experience of delivering multimillion pound revenue budgets in a target driven environment
- Experience of negotiating commercial agreements
- Strong knowledge of reviewing contracts and negotiating with relevant contractual language.
- A good working knowledge of matrix management
- A detailed knowledge of the music industry, particularly collective music licensing
- The ability to drive change in an organisation
- Experience working in a collective licensing company is very advantageous
- Experience of International Copyright Regime
- Knowledge of International Music Licensing companies
- The ability solve problems quickly and sensitively and find new solutions
This is a fantastic opportunity for a positive, committed and innovative Commercial Affairs candidate to play a pivotal role in a very well respected organisation.
Immediate interview for successful candidates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.