Our client, an expanding and delicious Food Production Company, are seeking a Commercial Analyst to join the UK team.
The role reports directly into and supports the Commercial Finance Manager.
Your duties will include but are not limited to:
- Category, Brand, Customer & SKU profitability reporting & analysis
- Pre & post promotional analysis
- Retailer price trackers
- Commodity and sales trackers
- Monthly reporting with analysis and insight
- Periodic review of the profitability model to ensure data is accurate.
- Weekly reconciliation of sales between Cognos and NAV
- New Product Development (NPD) costings.
- Management of Customer Contracts - Accruals and rebates
- Development of Cognos Business Intelligence to improve business analysis, insight & information availability
- Liaise with Accounts Receivable & Payable to resolve issues and implement solutions for process improvement
- Ad-Hoc requests from business stakeholders
- Maintain focus on Finance and operate with a high level of Financial Control
- To develop a strong relationship with Finance, Sales, Marketing and Category
- Support and challenge Account Managers with the S&OP process.
- Creating new finished goods codes
- Work with Operations to ensure a quality service and accurate profitability measures
- Liaise with National Accountant Managers and Execs to ensure all prices, overriders and rebates are recorded and accounted for correctly
- Investigate and resolve price discrepancies / invoicing queries
- Investigate and resolve historical audit charges
The ideal candidate will be:
- Newly or part qualified (actively studying) Accountant
- Similar finance role in Retail / FMCG food related business
- Microsoft Navision, Cognos experience
- Uses analysis to make logical and reasoned assumptions
- Good business and commercial awareness
- Challenging, enquiring mind who seeks to understand both the 'how' and the 'why'
- Desire for continuous improvement
- Proactive and innovative approach to problem solving
- Communicates effectively and able to flex their style to match varying situations
- Conscientious and willing to go the extra mile.
To be considered for the role APPLY NOW!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.