Handle Recruitment are proud to be collaborating with one of the most initiative, current and cutting edge businesses in the Music Industry. We're looking for a Senior Commercial Analyst to lead, develop and drive the commercial finance team and business forward, this position will play a key role in the financial support, analysis and planning necessary for pivotal investment deals.
As a key aid, you will influence business decisions using evaluation and analysis of potential or recent deals and then produce the clear and concise financial information required for the decision making process.
An ideal position for a qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) who will be working closely with senior business figures and stakeholders across the company. This is a superb and forward thinking position situated at the heart of the business and will be responsible for, but not limited to, the following duties:
- Partnering with stakeholders to support the deal making process
- Providing forecasts and investment appraisals for advances and acquisitions of music rights (including publishing, recording and performance rights) catalogues for the group and the associated investment fund
- Creating financial models to evaluate the value of music assets to determine advance and acquisition
- Provide the post investment analysis, reporting and tracking of acquisitions
- Identify any issues in collections or forecasting
- Assist in the production of quarterly accounts for the investment fund
- Manage the team's workload through delegation, prioritisation and planning
- Represent the team's interests to senior management and business heads
- Help improve process efficiency through identification of potential improvements to build an efficient analysis framework
- Understand and stay current on industry trends and the competitive landscape in order to inform
This is a high profile role where you will directly influence and add value to the decisions of senior management and the success of the business: The suitable candidate will be a qualified accountant (ACA/CIMA/ACCA) and must have proven analytical experience, including investment appraisal and / or evaluations most likely gained through a career in consultancy, intellectual property, investment management or within a major corporation;
- The successful candidate will have proven analytical experience, including investment appraisal and evaluations
- Strong numerical and analytical skills are vital along with the ability to manipulate and interpret data providing meaningful and useful analysis for decision making purposes
- Advanced financial modelling skills and high level proficiency in Excel
- Experience in both managing and representing a team at a senior level
- Strong communication skills and experience of high level presentations to stakeholders
- Ability to balance and manage multiple projects, working to tight deadlines
- Strong influencing and communication skills
- Experience in working within a high growth technology business or current disrupter brand. Music experience is desirable but not essential.
The right candidate will have the opportunity to join what is widely recognised as one the highest performing Music Companies in the world today. You will in return receive excellent training and career development, as well as having the chance to work alongside some of the very best people in the business!!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.