Commercial Finance Director - Entertainment
Global entertainment company have an exciting opportunity for a Commercial Finance Director to lead the strategic and operational aspect of this growing media business. This role will partner closely with business leaders to understand revenue and marketing investment drivers and commercial challenges.
- Expected to provide strong business partnering and lead a finance ways of working agenda that is high support and high challenge and offer in depth commercial support to the Operating Board and own analysis of performance and recommendations to the business.
- Own the annual budget and three-year strategic plan, identifying areas for growth and efficiency.
- Lead, develop and grow a team of skillful Finance professionals, ensuring they have the right balance of technical skills and commercial savviness.
- Responsible for providing financial advice and insights to Leadership Team on all commercial related matters including revenue, marketing investment and new business opportunities to improve business performance and support decision-making.
- Work closely with marketing teams to ensure consistency between long-term forecasts, annual planning and forecasting and weekly flash of revenue and marketing investment.
- Establish credibility by being a trusted business partner.
- Ability to translate financial and non-financial revenue and marketing metrics into actionable operating plans to support key stakeholders in driving the business forward
- Own the delivery of financial assessment of key business activities and new business opportunities including industry trends, competitors to find opportunities whilst mitigating risks
- CIMA, ACA or ACCA qualified or international equivalent with Finance related degree or equivalent experience
- Excellent relationship building and stakeholder management skills
- Demonstrable ability to challenge effectively and drive a business for performance
- Experience of working in a commercial finance function of a company of scale
- Strong business partnering experience, plus ability to deliver and handle change in a fast paced media/entertainment/tech company would be beneficial.
- Able to lead and inspire high performing teams, ensuring clear goals and objectives are set and organising work effectively to get the most out of the group
- Comfortable working with big data sets and translating results into meaningful analysis and incorporating into forecasts
- Advanced excel skill and experience and initiative in building robust financial models
- Excellent Software skills
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.