Commercial Finance Manager - Film & TV
Global media and entertainment business are looking for a qualified Commercial Finance Manager responsible for providing professional strategic, commercial, operational, and financial support services to the divisional MD and senior management team. A key member of the commercial team working collaboratively with fellow FP&A and Financial Control & Accounting teams to ensure best practice and deliver expertise in a cross-section of strategically commercial and financial activities that drive and support profitable growth.
Primary Responsibilities include:
- Provide Commercial, Operational and Financial Leadership to the Senior Management team
- Ownership and lead on all aspects of Finance function, with a focus both on strategic decision-making and oversight and tactical day-to-day delivery (e.g. project bidding and project profitability /delivery)
- Drive local studio periodic strategic business review, annual budgeting, and long-term business planning process (3YP) in collaboration with wider internal finance organizations (FP&A and CAO) and Commercial Director
- Provide commentary on margin results and support with revenue forecast and direct cost base elements in periodic business forecast
- Work closely with the Business Leaders to ensure strong performance towards financial metrics and other related business KPIs
- Collaborate with Business Leaders to formulate strategic initiatives to drive sales growth and maximize margins whilst improving resource optimisation
- Partner MD and Executive Producers to review Bids to ensure profitable projects are proposed and margin budgeted are going to be achieved. Work with EPs and producers to manage negotiations to ensure projects can be delivered and Bid margins are achievable. Assess project Risk analysis and be an independent voice to MDs and The Global Commercial Director for the brand.
- Assess key financial and production KPIs to quantify business performance and proactively work towards margin optimisation
- Lead thoughtful post-mortem analyses on delivered projects to determine areas for optimization and improvement
- Support business change projects including a major new Finance transformation implementation
- Owner of all aspects of the P&L including revenue recognition and cost management
- Assess risks and opportunities and proactively engage Business Leaders and develop action plans to minimize exposure and enhance opportunities
- Work with the Business Intelligence (Power BI) teams to architect design and refine BI (Business intelligence) dashboards to aid live business reviews and KPI measurement.
Leadership and Talent Management
- In partnership with the business leaders design, establish, and maintain an organizational structure to effectively accomplish the departmental goals and objectives within the business unit service line
- Inspire and motivate the wider business unit and finance team while translating business goals into priorities and individual performance measures aligned with goals
- Prepare, present, and bring to life the commercial business performance to staff outside the financial community, thereby building a strong commercial understanding, awareness and literacy within Production, Marketing and other members of the PS community that results in profitable growth
Skills and experience
- A professional Accountancy Qualification with evidence of up-to-date knowledge and relevant management accounting experience.
- Minimum 10 years relevant commercial and financial experience with 5 years in a finance leadership role
- Financial and commercial acumen and leadership when undertaking financial reviews and assessments; applying judgement and providing direction on outcomes
- Proven results-oriented leader delivering results in a fast-paced environment
- Demonstrable negotiation, relationship building, and conflict resolutions skills
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, ensuring clarity of messages, ideas, and facts
- Experience of working in a large complex organisation
- Experience working and leveraging BI tools (Microsoft Power BI, Board, QuickSight etc.)
- Experience of working in a Technology, Media & Entertainment environment
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.