Commercial Finance Manager, EMEA - FMCG (with European Languages)
Global FMCG business are looking for an ACA, CIMA, ACCA qualified Commercial Finance Manager who will be a business partner to both Finance and Commercial stakeholders across specified EMEA territories and the US HQ, by providing financial planning and strategic analysis through preparation of the annual strategic plan, budget, quarterly re-forecast and quarterly close cycles, monitoring operating results against plans. The manager will also be responsible for one direct report.
This varied role will involve the following:
Strategy, Business Planning & Reporting:
- Develop, prepare & distribute templates to Territories and EMEA Business partners
- Assisting the senior management in the preparation, maintenance and consolidation of forecasts.
- Responsible for the load and validation of completed forecast templates into Planning systems
- Key contact for forecast queries across designated territories and categories (to finance and non-finance stakeholders)
- Review Cost Centre spending plans with Financial Analyst and EMEA Department heads.
- Preparation for business review meetings including Revenues by Category, Territory, Franchise & Top Licensees. Also, P&L's & key expense lines.
- Provide direction on foreign currency translation and applying revenue recognition rules.
- Review of Management Packs (including Profit & Loss Statements) prior to distribution to the Senior Management Team.
- Manage the maintenance of historical revenue databases for use by territories and category heads.
Business Partnering and Ad Hoc:
- Assist the Director and VP working with category teams to execute strategic plans and develop actions plans for core initiatives
- Participate in preparation of financial models in support of business plan creation
- Partner with territory and category teams to ensure business plans are be informed by trends & insights-industry, competition, consumer, retail, franchise, etc.
- Partner with local territories to drive business planning processes, including licensee business reviews examining subcategory performance, market penetration, deal post mortem, and strategic alignment
- Partner with the commercial teams on financial queries, new initiatives and projects
- Assist in preparation of business reviews
Monitor Operating Results:
- Review EMEA royalty reports received versus latest forecast for key licensees
- Key contact across specified territories and categories for revenue queries (e.g. accruals versus actuals)
- Closely monitor summaries of category industry dynamics, competitive landscape and evaluate potential impact to current licensed partners
- Help define and implement KPI reporting framework for specified categories or territories
Financial Close (month, quarter, year-end):
- Review expenses to ensure spending in line with forecast.
- Supervise Financial Analyst in completion of Quarter-end processes including:
- Reconciling and validating actuals and forecasts in Planning systems and SAP
- Profit & Loss reviews, including variance analysis
- Year-End Specific - Reviewing Revenue Recognition and Deferred Revenue accounting.
Skills & Experience:
- Proven experience in financial planning required
- Retail/Consumer Goods/FMCG Industry experience preferred
- High calibre graduate with 2-3 years PQE in ACA, CIMA or ACCA
- Team management experience
- Strong systems including Advanced - Microsoft suite (essential: Excel and PowerPoint, beneficial: Access), SAP and BW reports preferred
- Knowledge of consumer & retail landscape and trends a plus
- Strong communication and presentation skills - ability to present financial data to both finance and non-finance teams, at various levels, across the business
- Used to multitasking and ability to work well under time constraints in a fast-moving environment
- Major European language (French, German, Spanish or Italian) an advantage
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.