Cutting edge TV & Film company are looking for a Commercial Finance Manager with extensive Senior Business Partnering experience. Reporting into the London Managing Director locally and the Group Commercial Director at Group-level, the Commercial Manager will have responsibilities both locally and have input into the success of Group strategic and commercial initiatives.
- Be a true commercial business support to the London Managing Director and be part of the London Leadership team, offering specialist-level commercial guidance and leadership in the London studio.
- Understand and manage a working environment that is project-led, fast-paced, and highly changeable.
- Be a constant presence in the Production and Operations teams, providing commercial expertise to the day-to-day workings of the business, from bidding projects through to tightly managing resourcing requirements and costs in project delivery.
- Provide insight and understanding of the creative and operational aspects of the business to help drive profitability, identify growth opportunities and drive aspirational growth plans both in London and across Group strategic initiatives.
Sales & Project Selection
- Play a key role in the project selection and risk assessment processes in the London studio, acting as key decision-maker in ensuring a balanced mix of work is undertaken to deliver both creative and commercial aspirations.
- Work with London Sales and Production teams to support the achievement of monthly sales targets and quoted discount levels.
- Develop strategies to improve value of key Clients by identifying trends, seasonality, key account movements, market developments and opportunities to cross-sell additional services
- Drive value-add improvements to the existing job-management / business intelligence IT system (CETA).
Commercial Acumen / Business Intelligence
- Interpret and analyse financial / market data and present commercial insight to create tangible objectives for individuals and the wider-business.
- Understand and take the lead on managing discount levels in the London studio, ensuring projects are quoted accurately at the bid stage, over-running projects are closely monitored and managed and resources (and spend) are deployed effectively across all live projects.
- Manage the direct cost of resource, defined as the mix of freelance, fixed, outsource and intercompany staffing across the London studio to improve efficiency in project delivery.
- Prepare monthly London Board Report, Weekly Overview Pack, and ad-hoc Client reporting as appropriate.
- Carry out regular review of Client engagement / activity levels and drive the agreement and execution of commercially-sound financial agreements with Clients to drive top-line growth
- Build and manage the commercial aspect of relationships with Clients
- Provide commercial finance support and control to the quoting process, managing risk and protecting commercial terms, where necessary working with the legal team to ensure contract terms are appropriately agreed
Skills and Experience:
- Proven experience in financial planning, strategic initiatives and commercial guidance required
- Film, TV or Advertising Industry experience preferred
- High calibre graduate with 2-3 years PQE in ACA, CIMA or ACCA
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.