I am actively seeking an experienced Commercial Manager for a leading business intelligence platform based in Central London. My client are a global leader in the oil and gas industry giving subscribers essential insights into the market. In an age of free information, decision-makers will always need impartial, reliable and rigorous sifting of fact from fiction and solid analysis of the most important data, presented in a way that makes it quick to absorb. This is exactly what my client has to offer.
Due to continued growth I am now seeking a Commercial Manager to join the existing team to a lead a team of sales executives, one based here in London and the others globally. The team sell to international clients across a number of verticals in the energy industry; including major energy companies, law firms, consultancies, banks, and service companies. The Commercial Manager will manage their own accounts as well as budgeting, reporting, forecasting and where appropriate developing existing product and creating new.
The responsibilities of the Commercial Manager include but are not limited to:
- Build budget and targets and align appropriate KPIs to over deliver
- Drive team performance through setting standards, coaching and strong leadership
- Maintaining Salesforce pipeline to ensure clear revenue visibility and action to address downsides and maximise upsides.
- Work with editorial and marketing to ensure smooth running of the core business and seek out profitable avenues for growth in contiguous or new areas
- Ensure that the sales operation is professional and professionally equipped at all times.
- Formulate annual sales plans to over achieve targets and that these are refreshed throughout the year to drive results and react to market change.
- Review pricing and packages to drive up value to improve revenue per customer and retention.
- Oversee sales cost budget
The ideal candidate:
- Media sales, preferably advertising with a minimum of 5 years' experience leading diverse teams.
- Strong and evident experience of driving value of complex bespoke deals for clients.
- IT literate including MS Office and CRM.
- Strong face to face leader who isn't afraid to lead by example
- Curious and open minded
- Believes success comes from their own efforts and those of their team.
- Energetic and positive. Not afraid to question the status quo.
- Analytical and focused on sales approach, KPI's and reporting.
- Able to work under own volition and set their own direction for the business.
- Setter of bold, but achievable goals.
- Ability to think clearly under pressure.
- Strong communicator, both written and verbal.
Salary and benefits:
Circa £50k basic + £40k OTE commission (this is uncapped and based on expectations over 12 months)
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.