6 month contract (until 31st July 2020)
A hugely respected University are looking for a well organised, competent communications professional to support the Enterprise Comms team for 6 months and make a key contribution to raising the profile of their enterprising ecosystem.
- Internal communications to help bring the Enterprise Division together.
- Communications across the university to strengthen the profile and reputation of our work with senior management and to recruit more academics and students to undertake enterprising activity
- External communications with our many audiences including research partners, license holders, investors, policy makers, business leaders, the media, entrepreneurs etc to recognise and celebrate progress, and to inspire more organisations to partner with the university
This post will support work across these three areas, including, but not limited to:
- Providing a first point of comms contact for specific parts of the Enterprise Division including Business Partners
- Researching / writing news stories and other published content as required;
- Making meetings happen smoothly, from setting up appointments, booking rooms, writing and circulating agendas and notes, and following up on actions;
- Using the College CMS (T4) to publish web content including news stories, staff updates etc;
- Formatting and distributing internal and external newsletters (Populo and Mailchimp);
- Managing photoshoots and tagging / uploading images to the College's online Asset library
- Briefing and managing external suppliers, e.g. designers, photographers
- Contribute to commissioning / managing / disseminating qualitative audience research
- Contribute to broader Divisional projects with acute resource requirements, e.g. Tech Foresight conference (June 2020)
- Professional writing experience
- Experience using project management systems
- Experience in creating content
- 3 years experience in a internal communications role
- Highly organised and works to own initiative
If the opportunity above excited you and you are interested in hearing more - please do not hesitate to apply!
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.