Are you a Communications Executive with a passion for sport? Handle is working with a world class sporting brand to find a Communications Executive to join their Press department.
This Communications Executive role is a brand new role and is based in North London. The successful Communications Executive will provide and coordinate administrative media support and will be expected not to be star struck and able to deal with sensitive and confidential information in a level headed manner. The Communications Executive will be professional, confident and able to hold their own in a diplomatic way.
Key duties include:
- Draft communications on behalf of the brand including press releases, notifications and statements
- Being the first point of contact for general enquiries to the press department and answer them accordingly
- Liaise with a number of key stakeholders as well as journalists, news reporters, media outlets and commercial partners in a calm yet efficient manner
- Help to assist with media accreditation, including pre and post event media requirements against contractual obligations
Desirable skills and experience:
- Previous experience working within a PR agency or department, focusing on sport or a related industry
- A sound understanding of the evolving media landscape, including digital and 24 hour rolling news
- A Media, Communications or Journalism related education or relevant industry experience
Please apply today if this role appeals to you and you feel that you have the relevant skills and experience!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.