Handle Recruitment is seeking an established Marketing/Communications Manager with a Banking or Financial Services background to work on behalf of a creative agency for one of their key clients, a globally recognised bank. This role is initially a six month contract with strong potential to be extended.
As the Communications Manager you will be managing and executing marketing communications in support of the overall business strategy, based on an understanding of the business' marketplace, objectives, and audiences.
Your responsibilities will involve but not limited to;
- Ensuring that the marketing strategy delivers business and marketing objectives, such as building brand awareness (advertising, events, PR, sponsorship, digital, email, pitchbooks)
- Effective and confident stakeholder management, qualifying and challenging ideas from the business and providing your own ideas
- Developing new online and offline collateral to support the launch of the private banking business
- Translating cultural requirements into creative execution, judging creative excellence, as well as ensuring control, governance and creative sign off of activities.
- Evaluating the impact of activity delivered, using feedback to better inform future decisions for activity
- Cost management as well as effective management of risk, governance, compliance and control issues within the team.
To be successful in this role you will need;
- A strong background of marketing communications, branding and digital marketing in banking/financial services
- Marketing qualification is advantageous
- Experience with Stakeholder Management and strong ability to build relationships with key stakeholders
- Ability to prioritise and meet deadlines, strong decision making skills
- Understanding of buyer behaviour and awareness of competitors
If you have similar experience and are looking to elevate your career to the next level this could be the right opportunity for you, please apply online or get in touch!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.