We are looking for an exceptional Content Director to oversee the development, direction and delivery of our client's premium subscription content. The ideal candidate will be a confident communicator, who is highly creative and commercial, with a passion for data-driven content and analysis, and a strong track record in managing content teams.
- Developing and delivering data-led content strategy to position the product as a premium information service. There is a key drive on re-educating clients about the product and moving to more of an analytical focus.
- Inspiring and managing the editorial and analyst teams to build data-driven and strategic content across the platform
- Managing change to ensure the delivery of data-led content strategy
- Driving consistently strong engagement of high value content (articles, reports, advisory and analysis)
- Bringing creativity to content formats and analysis that challenge and inspire the retail community
- Actioning intelligence across the platform to help UK retail leaders to define their strategies for success
- Building rapport and strong relationships with the leaders across all sectors of retail and commerce
- Closely collaborating with commercial and marketing teams to accelerate new business and increase subscriber retention rates
- Representing the brand at key industry events and through high profile speaking opportunities
Experience & skills required
- Strong track record of developing data-driven analytical and editorial content
- Experience in building and managing effective teams to deliver high-value subscriber content strategy
- Retail Industry understanding and experience preferred
- Experience in transitioning a content business towards a data-driven media model preferred
- Ability to execute brand strategy across multiple products and formats
- Confident creation of a network of peers and building relationships across the business
- Innovative and creative - Ready to lead and work as part of a highly creative team to develop exciting and highly relevant output
- Detail oriented - excellent planning skills for people, projects and strategy
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong analytical skills to translate into business planning
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.