Junior Full-Stack Engineer (contract)
up to 300/day, 6 months
Handle are working with a global broadcaster. Their team working on a sports VoD platform is rapidly expanding and they need another couple of contractors to join them and work on their ad-tech projects.
You will be part of a larger team responsible for delivering content via apps, websites, smart TVs and set-top boxes for this famous sport tv brand. This role is a fantastic opportunity to focus and learn full stack microservice development with the newest technologies out there.
This is a full-stack (front-end and back-end) development role and you will work on a green-field project building a fast, high-availability API service.
As a full-stack contract junior Golang Developer you should have:
- Strong knowledge and at least a couple of years of commercial experience with a backend technology (Java, Ruby, PHP or Go) and a willingness to learn Golang quickly.
- Linux environment and Bash scripting
- Proven experience in RESTful API design and implementation
- Experience with version control systems (Git)
Extra skills - perfect if you have all of them but a couple would be ideal:
- NoSQL database technologies
- Experience of online advertising technologies such as ad-requests, ad formats (VAST VMAP etc.), an understanding of publisher campaign management.
- Experience with Video on demand VoD, OTT, live streaming broadcasting
- Ad proxy knowledge such as Yospace, dynamic ad insertion
- Knowledge of Freewheel ad-serving technologies would be very beneficial
- A knowledge of either Brightcove, VideoJS or Shaka video players
This isa brilliant opportunity to both learn on the job and explore contract world. Apply now or get in touch with Dagmara Kukla via LinkedIn for more info.
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.