Handle recruitment is working with one of the largest global creators of first-class, bespoke music for visual content to source a Copyright Administrator.
Our client work with a multitude of international composers, producers and artists to develop a wide ranging catalogue of work. This is an amazing opportunity to join a passionate, family orientated team and help take on a critical, varied role, working closely with team members across the business. The ideal candidate will be experienced and highly organised and have a least 3 years' experience working in copyright and proficiency in Counterpoint Music Maestro Software.
Key responsibilities will include:
- Database Administration - loading new works from our music release system into Counterpoint Music Maestro software; ensuring all works are correctly populated and CWR-compliant
- Registering Works - responsible for managing Common Works Registrations (CWR) globally and sending new works exports to sub-publishers; importing ACK files and handling any registration errors
- Auditing the catalogue as registered with PROs around the world, amending works as required; querying unnotified works and registering/merging as appropriate
- Importing Royalty Statements into Music Maestro, ensuring works are correctly matched
- Composer/Artist Royalty Payments - managing our half-yearly writer royalty payments: implementing our first royalty run using Music Maestro; working with accounts to ensure accurate payments
- Managing Administration Catalogues - importing royalty statements and processing reports for the catalogue
- Sync Licensing - responsible for managing bespoke licence requests from the EMEA sales team, ensuring compliance with company licensing policies and guidelines
The ideal candidate will have:
- Minimum 3 years' experience in a Copyright role
- Experienced, proficient user of Music Maestro software
- Strong Excel skills, confident in using formulas and pivot tables
- Experience of negotiating, drafting and issuing synchronisation licences
- Data analysis, financial and/or legal experience
- Proactive, solution-oriented approach, takes initiative to improve way of working
- Personable, team player with a genuine passion for music
This is an amazing opportunity to join a passionate, hardworking team within a global brand. Immediate interview for successful candidates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a CV.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.