Fantastic opportunity for an experienced Copyright and Contracts Executive to join a friendly and dedicated team of copyright experts within a well- established and reputable Music Education Body.
Based in scenic Central London offices, this role is suited to a detail orientated, team player with expert knowledge in copyright and licensing.
Key features will include:
- Working closely with editors of new products (print and digital), to create contracts for new material/projects, confidently adapting templates/precedents and - as necessary - drafting from scratch
- Negotiate terms/liaise with contributors, taking ownership of any issues that arise and resolving these
- Advising the wider business on licensing and contractual matters where legal knowledge is needed in order to minimise risks
- Liaise with company solicitors as necessary where legal advice required
- Carrying out all core copyright work as required (print/reprint licensing, advising colleagues on any aspect of the company's IP, queries from business associates, contributing to team projects, possibly some royalty work)
The ideal candidate will:
- Have several years experience of working in music publishing, probably gained in a Copyright or Business Affairs department
- Be exceptional at drafting contracts and licences
- Have experience of managing strict deadlines via varying sources
The successful candidate will have the confidence and experience to advise editors and wider colleagues on the content of contracts and licences, drafting where necessary. They may have a relevant legal/law qualification.
The successful Copyright and Contracts Executive will receive:
- Competitive salary
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.