Are you a junior or part-qualified (CIMA/ACCA or equivalent) Financial Analyst with aspirations of working in media and entertainment? If so this may be the job opportunity you have been looking for!
We are currently working with a well known entertainment business assisting them with their search for a Financial Analyst to join them on a 12 month fixed term contract.
Initially working remotely and then based at offices in the heart of London's West End, you will be working in a wider team of 15 and reporting into the Senior Finance Manager.
Day to day duties within the role will include:
- Compile analysis in Excel to compare actual results against budget, forecast and prior year providing commentary on variances.
- Assemble consolidated management accounts from source financial information in multiple systems taking account of varying currencies and intercompany eliminations between the business units
- Submission of business unit results in the consolidation system for relevant business units and reconcile submissions to supporting management packs.
- Account for expenditure incurred including brand & marketing costs and staff and overhead costs.
- Analyse the cost base to ensure accurate accounting classification of costs as capital or operating expenses as well as owning computations and accounting of prepayments and accruals.
- Own the intercompany accounting process, a critical role in our complex multi-national business ensuring timeliness of recognition and accuracy in eliminations.
- Post journal entries to the accounting system and prepare documentation instructing journal entries to be made by Accounting Shared Services.
- Day to day contact with brand and marketing teams providing analysis on an as needed basis to inform and influence their campaigns as well as demonstrate tracking against budgets.
- Provide weekly analysis of performance against plan amounts remaining to spend against quarterly and annual budgets in a clear, concise and easily digestible manner.
- Respond to queries raised by the business in terms of coding and recording spend against their budgets.
Financial Planning & Analysis
- Support the Senior Analyst in modelling 3-year expenditure budgets and quarterly re-forecasts including data manipulation into a format that can support the business in bringing together their budget.
- Responsible for submissions of the budgets into the consolidation system ensuring submissions accurately reconcile to the budget models.
Our client are looking for a bright and detail focussed junior/part-qualified Financial Analyst who wants to learn more about the entertainment industry and be part of a very collaborative team. This is the perfect role for someone looking to gain experience in both planning and reporting, a role offering both types of experience at this level is a rare thing!
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.