Creative Manager - Classical Music
Salary £30,000 - £40,000 DOE
Handle Recruitment is working with one of the world's leading music publishing companies to source a Creative Manager.
The successful candidate will have a first-class network of programmers and presenters and a broad knowledge of contemporary classical music and today's composers and cultural landscapes.
The post-holder will be responsible for the promotion of an eclectic range of composers and music published by the organisation to a wide range of venues and festivals in the UK and Europe.
Key responsibilities will include:
Promoting composers and their repertoire to artistic directors and producers of festivals and venues
* Researching markets into which the rights owned by the organisation will be promoted
* Providing opportunities for the commissioning and performance of music published by the organisation
* To attend concerts, conferences and meet regularly with presenters both locally and internationally
* Being the principal contact for a list of composers and specific composer projects
* Maintaining relationships between composers and/or their agents
* Approaching potential programmers and commissioners, locally and internationally, and to secure opportunities for the composers and rights owned by the organisation
The ideal candidate will have:
Significant experience of working in the promotion or performance management of classical, multi-media or contemporary music
* A genuine interest in and passion for contemporary classical music across all genres and styles
* A strong working knowledge of the music industry as a whole
* A proven track record of developing and managing projects
* An awareness of current and emerging markets and opportunities for contemporary music
* Working use of Microsoft Office, or similar, and social media platforms
Please note that, whilst the role is based in London, it also offers the opportunity to travel within the UK and abroad and requires some out of hours working in the evenings and at weekends.
Immediate interview for successful candidates, please email firstname.lastname@example.org with a Cv and covering letter to apply.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.