Handle is an independent, privately-owned business based in Central London. The business comprises of two separate companies:
- A recruitment partner to creative industries (entertainment, media brands, social networks, sports bodies, retailers, and digital technology providers);
- A freelancer payroll service, providing weekly and monthly payroll services to clients who have sourced their own freelance staff.
We are looking for a highly personal credit controller to work with our accounts team.
- Responsibility for two debtor ledgers, each with a balance of around £2.5m
- Special focus on PO collection and reviewing the current internal process for greater success
- Ensure all client invoices are received and processed by the client's AP team
- Liaising with accounts assistants to quickly resolve invoice queries as and when they arise
- Monthly client statement run
- Review and refine the process for scheduled client communications
- Chase all outstanding invoices to ensure payment is received on time
- Maintain collection history records for all clients
- Review and reconcile credit balances on the accounts
- Maintain the client database
- Weekly summary highlighting potential issues to Financial Controller
- Build strong rapport with all clients & key internal staff at all levels
- Experience of sole responsibility for a large ledger of debtors
- Ideally experience within a similar agency environment
- Highly personable and great at maintaining client relationships
- Happy to work in stand-alone role as part of a bigger accounts structure
- Keen to contribute within the team to improve processes
We have just moved into amazing new offices, 2 minutes' walk from Oxford Circus tube. Read more about what a great place Handle is to work at:
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.