Our client, an expanding and delicious food Production Company, are seeking a Credit Controller to join the UK team.
The primary responsibilities for this role is to develop and maintain professional credit control for the business, maintaining sales ledger and collection and ensure cash flow is maximised and debtors targets achieved.
You duties will include but are not limited to:
- To process all new customer accounts following predefined Company process. Ensure that all accounts are set up after full credit check and required approval before starting transaction with the new customer.
- Continuously reviewing debt for due and overdue amounts and rigorously following up for payment by the customers.
- Posting all receipts from the customers in different currencies and allocating to the right accounts as per remittance advice in a timely manner.
- Raising of sales returns and credit notes after establishing the acceptability of customer claim and taking required approval.
- Liaising with customer contact by phone, email and fax to get remittances and resolve issues.
- Be vigilant to pick up any sign of insolvency and take immediate step to raise alarm to relevant departments to minimise loss to the Company.
- Issuing periodic customer account statements, reconciling and agreeing balance with the customer.
- Weekly forecast of receipts from all major customers.
- Producing weekly debtors report and reviewing with FC to agree next steps.
- Provide debtor reporting to group to appropriate timescales and commentary.
- Receive and maintain complete list of unprocessed debit notes (DN) for visibility of financial impact and periodic accounting purpose.
- Process debit notes for price and quantity claims in line with the agreed process, either approved or disputed and repayment obtained from customer.
- Gather the full detail against any fine imposed by the customer and on that basis send it for approval by the relevant department before processing in the sales ledger.
- Escalate any dispute for management decision or resolution with the customer to avoid delay in payment or impact on relationship with the customer.
- Give a complete picture of unresolved issues to Financial Controller through period end review and update or immediately in case of major issue.
- Collecting all invoices for any deduction made by the customer on remittance and send to Commercial Finance team for approval.
- Once approved process invoice to the payables ledger following coding / Purchase Orders and allocate to the receivables ledger
- Produce report on unallocated contra payment on PL
- Communicate PL balance to the customer along with the Sales Ledger statement for full reconciliation of balance.
- Supporting the Finance and other departments providing all required information about customers and their accounts as and when required.
- Develop good working relationships with internal and external customers.
- Participate in ongoing improvement of processes and procedures.
- Set up and continuously improve analysis and reporting of debtors for better collection and management information.
- All aspect of easily retrievable filing of sales ledger related documents (e.g. invoices, debit notes, remittance etc)
- Provide cover to the invoicing role at holiday periods
- Any other general accounting and administrative work as and when required.
The ideal candidate will be:
- Qualified by experience or be studying towards your Institute of Credit Management (ICM).
- Able to demonstrate experience within Credit Control (approximately 2 years)
- Previous experience in the food industry is preferred
- Intelligent with ability of judgement for critical decision making
- The ability to work in a team and individually
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Attention to detail
- Good organisational skills combined with the ability to prioritise tasks
- Able to build relationships internally and externally
- Keen learner and good understanding of impacts of different aspects of Sales Ledger on business performance
- Accountancy and banking experience and qualifications are also advantageous
If the role is of interest APPLY NOW to avoid disappointment!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.