Handle Recruitment are currently seeking a CRM Manager to work for a creative Fintech start- up company based in London.
In this role you will be working closely with the Head of Marketing in setting the company's CRM strategy. You will be responsible for managing the end-to-end delivery of CRM marketing campaigns to support the growth of the business and to ensure all customers are engaged with the product.
Do you have previous CRM marketing experience, thrive working in a fast paced start-up environment and have excellent communication skills? If yes, this could be the perfect role for you.
- Working closely with the Head of Marketing in setting the CRM strategy
- To manage the end-to end delivery of CRM marketing campaigns to support company growth
- Building BAU CRM activities from onboarding to retention
- Working closely with the product team to ensure customers are engaged and retained
- Strongly communicate with customers by being the main point of contact
- To work closely with the branding and content team to leverage content within CRM campaigns
- Keep track of CRM performance through strong analysis of campaigns and report findings back to stakeholders
- Gather insights on customer behaviour and in return transform these results into actionable optimization campaigns
Skills and Knowledge:
- Experience using Salesforce Marketing Cloud
- Previous experience in setting CRM marketing campaigns
- Experience working with web and or/app products
- Analytics and segmentation experience to be able to drive increased customer understanding and continuous growth in ROI
- Collaborative team player
- Strong verbal and written skills
- Strong analytical skills
Please note this is a permanent position based in East London with a salary between £50k-£60k plus bonus and fantastic benefits including 30 days holiday (plus UK Public Holidays), an amazing workspace and great social events.
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.