Senior Data Engineer (AWS) - London
Our client will sponsor or transfer Tier 2 Visas.
Handle are currently working with a Global Broadcaster who are currently looking for someone to play a vital role in their cloud Data Engineering Team. You will be expanding their data science capability within the Global Analytics Department. You will act as a hands-on Senior Developer specifically working with a global Video on Demand Platform working with one of the biggest on most well-known sports brand globally.
As a Senior Data Engineer / Data Warehouse Developer, you will be responsible for building large-scale data processing systems and applications. Within the Data Analytics team, you will be designing, developing, automating, maintaining and testing large data solutions within the Global Broadcasting Organisation. You will be working on complex AWS big data projects. Due to this, you MUST have experience with AWS services, ideally Redshift.
You will need to have experience with big data projects with a focus on collecting, parsing, managing, analysing and visualising large sets of data to turn information into insights using multiple platforms.
Key Skill Set for Senior Data Engineer / Data Warehouse Developer (AWS):
- AWS Experience
- 1-2 years developing in EMR (Spark)
- RedShift, Jenkins, Python or any other Data Warehouse/Big Data Technologies will be a plus
- Airflow as the open source workflow management platform is good to have.
Key Responsibilities for Senior Data Engineer / Data Warehouse Developer (AWS):
- Create the data processing and data lake for their VoD player.
- Processing layer written in Spark & a data serving layer implemented with Presto.
- Co-ordination with the Airflow workflow manager
- Supporting the Data Analytics Team
- Lead the design, implementation, and continuous delivery using AWS big data technologies
- Responsible for development using Java, Scala, Python languages and Big Data Frameworks such as EMR (Spark)
- Integrate external data sources and APIs
If you are available and interested in discussing this opportunity then do get in touch with Kathryn.Thorpe(@)handle.co.uk
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.