Python Developer / Python Engineer - eCommerce / Insights
fantastic benefits (including flexible work arrangements)
Handle are working with a well established technology start-up. They are leaders of consumer insights and product intelligence, providing insights on how over 25 million internet users interact with millions of websites daily.
They are currently looking for an experienced Python Developer Data Engineer to work on their SaaS products.
You will be working with some of the largest commercial data sets measuring hundreds of tera bytes of online behaviour on a monthly basis to provide online marketers with the best tools for their strategies.
The Software Engineer will use mainly Python ,SQL, Hadoop and Groovy, to process, extract and deliver a variety of Big Data Insights.
Main Responsibilities as the Data Python Programmer:
- Work with clients in UK and teams in US and Australia to develop customised tools for the SaaS product.
- Implement and deliver approved Data Engineering projects
- Manage data generation and extraction
- Experiment with, suggest and develop data engineering solutions
- Implement new methods of deriving insights from data sets
Technical experience required from the Data Engineer / Python developer:
- Degree in computer science, mathematics, statistics or similar
- Expert Python Development (machine learning)
- Expert SQL (preferably Postgres/ PostgreSQL)
- Good Linux knowledge
- Apache Hadoop, PIG, JAVA , GROOVY or other NoSQL technologies
- Some experienced with Business Intelligence and Data Visualisation tools
- Strong technical background in software development
- Understanding of Big Data environments and the management of large datasets.
This is a great opportunity to work with a leader of cutting edge data technology.
The work environment is one of the best there is including free lunches and breakfasts, working from home and incredible and caring management.
If you feel you skill set matches the above requirements, please send your CV through or contact Robert on 0207569 9971.
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.