Notting Hill, London
Handle are working with an Innovative energy brand who utilise newest technology to help customers monitor their energy usage most effectively as well as provide energy in a more energy efficient and planet-friendly way.
They are now in a need of an experienced Data Scientist to join a newly formed Data team. You will be one of the first people to join this team and shape the business in terms of data decisions and directions.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for organising, analysing and modelling data to provide best, most efficient service. Part of this role in the future will focus around load disaggregation, comparisons and gamification.
This person must be a great communicator and team player and will have a proven track of successful collaborations.
The ideal candidate for the Data Scientist role will have:
- Strong academic background and at least a MSc in mathematics / physics or engineering or relevant work experience ideally with real world signal processing/ signal information extracting
- Time series processing experience with ideally modelling and forecasting
- Fantastic business acumen and passion for data
- Bayesian models, MLE/MAP estimations- machine learning
- Big data and data pipelines building
- Very good understanding of statistics
Nice to have:
- Experience with autoregressive models
- Big data, data mining and visualisation will be a great advantage
- Experience of or ability tpo pick up quickly Scala or Python would be very useful
What do they offer?
- Fantastic salary with a yearly bonus
- private health care
- flexible hours/one day a week working from home
- kitchen full of breakfast food and drinks
- entertainment room (games, pool, table tennis etc) and many more!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.