Notting Hill, London
Handle are working with an Innovative energy brand who utilise newest technology to help customers monitor their energy usage most effectively as well as provide energy in a more energy efficient and planet-friendly way.
They are now in a need of an entrepreneurial Data Scientist to join a newly formed Data team. You will be working along great Data professionals who previously worked on very impressive projects for global innovation brands.
The Data Scientist will be responsible for organising, analysing and modelling data to provide best, most efficient service. You will be a confident with stats, algorithmics, optimisation, modelling,
forecasting, machine learning and not afraid to discuss and introduce experimental solutions and innovations to existing systems. You will work with the online product teams to design and evaluate A/B testing, experiments, identify the key levers to help move business metrics, cohort
analysis, build growth metrics and drive business decisions.
This person must be a great communicator and a team player with a proven track of successful collaborations.
The ideal candidate for the Data Scientist role will have:
- Strong academic background and at least a MSc in apllied sciences; mathematics, physics, engineering or a research degree in humanities. Although, candidates with a keen interest and passion for Data Science and will be definitely considered.
- Machine learning experience, Bayesian models, MLE/MAP estimations
- Throughout SQL knowledge
- Experience with distributed computing frameworks (Spark, Hive/Hadoop or equivalent)
- Strong demonstrable programming skills
- Any experience with signal processing - real world signals
- Fantastic business acumen and passion for data
- Big data and data pipelines building
- Very good understanding of statistics
Nice to have:
- Experience with autoregressive models
- Big data, data mining and visualisation will be a great advantage
- Experience with or ability to pick up quickly Scala or Python would be very useful
What do they offer?
- Fantastic salary with a yearly bonus
- private health care
- flexible hours/one day a week working from home
- kitchen full of breakfast food and drinks
- entertainment room (games, pool, table tennis etc) and many more!
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then unfortunately you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.