Handle Recruitment is seeking a Deputy Editor for a leading media, entertainment and technology event.
As the Deputy Editor your responsibilities will include:
- Commissioning features, interviews and thought leadership articles
- Editing content, ensuring a high editorial standard is maintained
- Ensuring content is optimised for online and social
- Writing news and features about the media, entertainment and technology industry
- Working with the commercial team on editorial elements of commercial content
- Providing editorial support for daily in the run up to and during the show in September
- Overseeing the output of the Staff Writer
- Working with the Digital Editorial Assistant on layout and design of online content
- Working with the Event Content team to ensure messages and themes are reflected in coverage
- Keeping up to date with the fast-paced media, entertainment and technology, as well as adjacent, industries
To be successful in this role you will have:
- Strong editorial experience, ideally in a digital / B2B environment
- Experience working in/reporting on the media, entertainment and technology industry
- Excellent writing, editing, proofreading skills and a high standard of accuracy and attention to detail
- Proficient user of MS Office, InDesign, CMS platforms and/or other publishing tools
- Understanding of SEO and social media best practices
- Excellent organisational skills, with strong project management and the ability to prioritise and multitask
- Commercial awareness and capability
- Willingness to travel (international and domestic)
Please get in touch or apply now for a further conversation!
Handle Recruitment is acting as an Employment Business in relation to this vacancy.