Fantastic temporary opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly organised Design and Editorial Assistant to support a busy Creative Design team on a 6-month temporary basis. Reporting into the Editorial Officer the successful candidate will work closely with the graphic design, editorial and photography teams assisting them with a diverse range of projects across the business.
The ideal candidate will have excellent interpersonal and organisational skills, an aptitude for juggling tasks under pressure, strong writing skills and an interest in design, photography and digital publishing is key.
This is an immediate start and will be remote working until July 2021.
Main responsibilities: -
- Coordinate workflow using project management tools and digital systems.
- Track actions and task progress to ensure appropriate archiving and documentation of key materials is completed.
- Responsible for image management - uploading, tagging and organising images to the digital management systems.
- Coordinate communications with all internal and external suppliers (including freelance graphic designers, writers, editors and photographers).
- Responding to creative requests on behalf of the wider creative team.
- Provide writing and editorial support for key magazine publications and marketing material.
- Support the digital presence of key printed publications and liaise with the Digital Content and Social Media Manager as required.
- Manage financial tasks - such as processing invoices, managing purchase orders, internal budget transfers and additional supplier relationships.
- Support the team's office, coordinating equipment and stationery orders, room bookings and catering, and any other ad-hoc tasks.
Candidate Profile: -
- Experience of working in a creative environment and/or with design and photography professionals.
- Experience of using digital asset management and other digital tools to support brand consistency and visual communication.
- Experience with working within visual identity guidelines.
- Strong research and analytical skills, and ability to summarise findings clearly.
- Excellent organisational and administrative skills.
- Outstanding writing, proofing and editing skills.
- Excellent standards of accuracy, consistency and attention to detail.
- Ability to exercise initiative and plan work independently.
- Excellent interpersonal skills, including the ability to communicate confidently and effectively with a broad range of people.
- Good IT literacy (Microsoft Office, particularly Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint).
Handle actively welcomes applicants from under-represented backgrounds
PLEASE NOTE: Due to the high volume of applications we receive we are unable to respond to everyone. If you have not heard from us within 5 working days of sending your CV then you have not been shortlisted for the position you have applied for.